HOME      PORTFOLIO      ABOUT      PRICING      CONTACT      FACEBOOK      TWITTER     

Oops, ran out of card space.

Bellows Beach, Oahu 

Yesterday we did a family portrait session for a family and went to Bellows Beach.  During that one hour session I took over 1,000 photos.  I would have taken more but I ran out of card space.  (I'm sure someone has something to say about how that's way too much and I'll address that in a future blog post.)  

I ALWAYS carry 40 gigs worth of cards on me when I shoot.  Two 16 gig cards and an 8.  I left one of my 16 gig cards in my card reader, which is in a box, sitting in storage in Maryland.  When I went to switch cards I came to that sobering realization.  

So my practical tip for today is: 
Check how much card space you have before you start shooting.  

I was shooting full size raw when I was using the first 16 gig card and when I changed to the 8, I switched down to small raw.  If I was shooting small raw on the first card I could have gotten a lot more photos.  

How many cards do you have and what size?  What is the total amount of space you carry when you go out to shoot?  

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for the BAKERS photography