HOME      PORTFOLIO      ABOUT      PRICING      CONTACT      FACEBOOK      TWITTER     

The One Photography Accessory You DON'T Need!

Mike Shoemaker | Ellicott City, MD

I recently did the tourist thing with our first visitor here in Hawaii.  I saw a lot of cameras during this time.

Here is ONE accessory that you don't need.

Can you guess what it is?

Your LENS CAP!*

But... it protects my lens!

Buy a good uv filter and keep that on your lens at all times.  It will do all the protecting you need.  Here's the uv filters I use.  

None of my lenses have lens caps.  As soon as I get a new lens I throw on a good uv filter and put the lens cap in the box.

Lens caps are just one more step between you and the shot that you want!  I remember one of my photography students missing an epic shot of a helicopter taking off because he was fumbling with his lens cap.

With a UV filter, your lens is protected, and you can pick your camera up and shoot instantly.  

*I'm writing about lens cap on detachable lenses for DSLRS.

Ready to ditch your lens cap?  Yes or No?  Let us know in the comments.  

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for the BAKERS photography